Sunday, June 12, 2011

My Personal Challenge: To Read 100 Books By the End of the Year. Am I Crazy?

Ever since I was little, I loved to read and you would rarely see me without a book in my hands.

Now that I've grown older, this hasn't changed one bit.  If anything, my fondness for books and reading has grown a lot!

Earlier this year, I stumbled across an Application (App) on Facebook for "Goodreads".  I noticed that a couple of my friends (and fellow avid readers) were already using this App, so I decided to check it out. 

The app links to the Goodreads website.  Here, you can make lists of books that you've read, would like to read, and/or are currently reading.  You can also read reviews of books by people that have already read the book that you're interested in.

Upon looking more into this website, I noticed that it had an option where I could set up a personal reading challenge for this year and the site would keep track of how many books I've read (once I've changed the status from "currently reading" to "read".   It also tells me what percentage I am toward my goal.


At first, I thought that I would set the challenge total low, but after some serious thought, I decided that I could probably read AT LEAST 100 books since I love to read and have quite a bit of free time on my hands.  Plus,since receiving an Amazon Kindle for my birthday last year, I've acquired quite a few free books to read.

As of today's date (June 12, 2011), I'm only 10% of the way to my goal according to the website.  Oh yeah, it is also telling me that at my current pace, I'm 34 books (34%) behind.  As you can tell, I have quite a bit of reading to do, so this blog entry is coming to an end. 

I'll be sure to update you readers on my progress toward this challenge from time to time. 

Feel free to suggest books for me to read. 


And That's What Sarah Said!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment