Saturday, October 11, 2014

A "Friend"ly Post...Thank You For Being a Friend!

I suffer from depression and sporadic anxiety/panic attacks.  Just within the last few years have I accepted that I have these and sought out help from my doctor.  She subsequently put me on medicine and gave me some ideas about how to keep these things "in check".
Some days are better than others with my ability to keep my depression and anxiety under control.

I know that people reading this might find this hard to believe, because I try to be happy all of the time and am quite good at masking or covering up that I am depressed.

Whether they know it or not, some of my friends have been a tremendous help and blessing to me lately as I have been in a  "funk".  That is the best way that I know how to describe it. The last few days, maybe even a week now, have been REALLY hard on me for reasons I don't exactly know.  Well, that's not entirely true...it's a bunch of different things and situations.  I won't bore you readers with the reasons, but let's just say I've been thrown some crazy curve balls by life lately.   I wouldn't have been able to cope as well as I have without the help of my friends and/or family...most of which I keep in contact with on Facebook.

Facebook has allowed me to make and meet many friends over the years that I've been a part of the "Facebook craze".

Some friends I know in real life, some I know through my eBay days where I sold vintage postcards, some I've met through other friends, some friends are family or people that I consider my family, some I've met through the many many groups that I belong to where we share a common ground (i.e. reading books, our love of Disney, or something else).  Some of the friends that I didn't know in real life when we met on Facebook, I have since met or have talked with on the phone, sent text messages back and forth, and even video chatted (either via Skype or by Face Time).  I have also sent things like cards or small tokens of my appreciation to a few people that I have met through Facebook. Facebook has allowed me to reconnect with friends from my school days, my days when I was still working, and even people from my childhood.  I am so grateful for Facebook.  There are still quite a few people that I know through Facebook or other social media outlets for that matter, that I hope one day to meet in person.

Earlier tonight, I was sitting here all depressed when I received a sweet message privately from a person that I know through another friend.  This person sent me just a picture of a person being hugged with the words, "Thought of you with this".  This person barely knows me and we've only chatted a handful of times, but somehow, they sensed that I could use a little "pick-me-up".  Upon seeing the message (and even right now), I teared up at this person's thoughtfulness.  They took the time to send me a message and while it made me cry because I was so touched, it also made me realize that when I think that I am alone, I'm really not.  This is not the only time that someone has reached out to me and made me feel wanted, but I felt the need to night to share this.


I just want to tell everyone reading this, "Thank You".  Thank you for reaching out to me.  I might not express it very well, but I really do appreciate messages of encouragement or really messages of any kind.  It makes me feel special.  I only hope that I am able to do the same to some people at some point.



I'm going to close with this recording that I did a few years ago.  It sums up pretty well how I feel about all of my friends and family.










And That's What Sarah Says!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment