Thursday, June 16, 2011

3M Scotch Brand Cutters -- My Alternative to Using Scissors!

I have Rheumatoid Arthritis and some days my hands hurt.  This makes it hard to use scissors for tasks like cutting coupons (which I do quite a lot of these days), and other tasks that would otherwise use scissors.


I knew there had to be something that would be easier to use than a regular pair of scissors, and one day last week while waiting on some prescriptions to be filled at my local pharmacy, I found just what I needed!  I found a 3M Scotch Brand Paper Cutter!!!

This is the package that the cutter came in....minus the cutter!

The cutter....minus the packaging!


You might ask, "Why is this cutter better than a pair of scissors?"


To this, I say:


1)  Since the blade is covered, it's safer to use than regular scissors.


2)  It has a "comfort grip" that makes holding onto it easy and cutting easy as well.


3)  The stainless steel blade cuts safer AND faster than regular scissors, and gives what you're cutting a straighter, cleaner cut.


4)  Not only is it good for cutting things, but it makes a good envelope or bag opener.  It has a pointed tip on the end that will puncture/punch envelope flaps and bag ends for easier opening.


5)  Lastly (and the reason that I like it), it doesn't stress my semi-arthritic hands as much as scissors do.  I can be done with a project and my hands aren't hurting.


3M Scotch makes different cutters.  There is one for kids, one for cutting gift wrap, and one that would be good for scrapbooking.

I paid $5.99 for my paper cutter, which is kind of high, but to be fair, I WAS at a pharmacy and not a place like Wal-Mart.  The other night, we made a trip to Big Lots (a store I LOVE), and I found some different 3M Scotch cutters for $2.  Needless to say, I bought a few. ;)

I'm always on the lookout for items that would make living with RA easier, and when I find something that I like, I will be sure to post about it here.


And That's What Sarah Says!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment