Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Don't Know What Ya Got 'Til It's Gone....

You don't really know what you have 'til it's gone....meaning you can't really miss something until you're without it. Allow me to explain.

Lately, I have been thinking about my grandmother (my mom's mom) who died a few years ago from complications that stemmed from a stroke. On my mom's side of the family, I am the only granddaughter, so needless to say, I was and am still a tad bit spoiled and my grandmother and I were what I would consider to be pretty close. She always made sure I had what I wanted whether or not I really needed it or not. We would do normal grandmother/granddaughter things such as canning and cooking. For some reason, she has been on my mind a lot lately (more so than usual).

A song that I used to listen to came to mind.  It's titled "Love You Out Loud" and it is by a Contemporary Christian singer/songwriter, Carolyn Arends.  I won't post the lyrics to the whole song, but I want to share the chorus with you.



I would ask you for your stories
And I would tell you mine
I would give you much more credit
I would take more of your time
There's so much I left unspoken
If you were here right now
I would love you out loud


The words of this song pretty much sum up what I would say to my grandma if she were here with me right now. I couldn't word it any better. 
 
I think we all probably have someone that means/meant a lot to us that has gone on before us and we probably wish there are things that we wish we would've done or said. I also know there are many people (at least in my life) that are still alive who mean a lot to me. I probably don't tell them enough how special they are to me, but hopefully they still know. This entry is for 1)my grandma as well as other family members who have gone on before me and 2) for the people who are still in my life that mean a lot to me.

My advice to all who reads this (it's free...take it or leave it) is this:  Let people who are special to you know that they are special to you....don't just assume that they know. They might know, but it still means a lot to be told. 
 
And That's What Sarah Said!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment